Lewisburg and Greenbrier Valley West Virginia
Top 10 Must-See Stops
- Tamarack: The Best of West Virginia —This shopping and exhibit center features the work of West Virginia artists and artisans.
- Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine — Tour a real underground coal mine and explore an early 20th-century coal camp.
- Hawks Nest State Park — This park has several scenic overlooks of the New River Gorge and an aerial tramway to the bottom of the gorge.
- Babcock State Park — Babcock’s picturesque Glade Creek Grist Mill is one of the most photographed images in the world.
- New River Gorge Bridge — Get a close-up look of this spectacular bridge from the observation deck at the visitor center.
- Grandview — Home to Theatre West Virginia outdoor drama, Grandview also is known for its spectacular displays of Catawba rhododendrons and views of the New River Gorge.
- The Greenbrier Bunker — Once a top-secret fallout shelter during the Cold War, the bunker beneath The Greenbrier is now open for tours.
- Lost World Caverns — The underground wonderland is rumored to be the home of the legendary Bat Boy.
- Pinnacle Rock State Park — This roadside park is characterized by its unique towering rock formation and is a convenient spot for a picnic and short hike.
- Historic Bramwell — Once home to the most millionaires per capita in the U.S., historic Bramwell offers twice-a-year tours of its stately mansions and is home to the Coal Heritage Interpretive Trail Center.